Tuesday 3 February 2009

books and a change of pace

Having a new bundle of fun is nothing short of incredible. I love him so much and want to eat his cheeks and squeeze him til he pops. But the change of pace is such an adjustment. Hanging around the house (I dont have a car here in England, not like I really need one but walking in the cold and rain means more hometime), having naptimes and feeding times and 'play' times and then all over again. I am so used to being busy and my life has halted to a slow, yet strangely full, pace. 

Those 'mothering' instincts that everyone talk about having seem to not be fully developed yet. For example, how do you play exactly with a 4 month old? He likes to lie on his front and look at things, lie on his tummy and look at things, hold rattles and eat his hands......I am a rough housing, stomp in the puddles, run around in the park sort of mom. I am slightly at a loss right now! So I am taking up blogging and reading books and trying not to be tempted to make another little person just to create more to do!

3 comments:

  1. SARAH!!! You have a blog now - awesome!
    I haven't updated mine in AGES, so I'll have to be sure to do that since it's on your blogroll now....how did u find it, anyway???
    I miss u! Can't believe I haven't seen u yet! I'm in London 'til Thursday. If I get back early enough I'll drop by your's to see u and give u a little something I've had since to give u since Christmas.
    OK, love ya, chick, and I'll see u soon, yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way when Rhett was really little -- I remember watching a lot of HGTV. You'll be stomping in puddles and running around the park with him before you know it. He is such a cutie and I like his little snowsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah!! So glad you're blogging too. thanks for saying hello!! I created our family blog to help the family stay connected across the miles. This way they can watch our little man grow and experience life through photos, videos and stories. Its been a ton of fun and has really helped them feel like they aren't missing out. If you've got a video camera, you guys should post video from time to time of little Sam. The grandparents love those!! BTW, he is a cute one. So sorry you've had a bout with the croup...that no fun. Enjoy this sweet little season because once they start cruising it changes EVERYTHING (in a good way). I use to read, cook, and spend a lot of time going places to hang out with friends since Levi was into entertaining himself (the boy loved his feet and his rattle toys). Anyway, i look forward to keeping up...my this is long. Love you. You're a great mum. I only wish we lived near each other so we could enjoy coffee and playdates together. Bless you guys!!

    ReplyDelete