Wednesday 11 February 2009

in memory

my gramma died in november. to say the least she was an incredibly cool gramma. she taught us how to play poker with skittles as money, drove a souped up caddy and her first email address was nfunk75@hotmail.com (created when she was 75!). 

when someone dies or even if they no longer live within an immediately contactable distance there are those moments where you see something they would love and think, 'i have to call and tell them this', or in my case 'she would crack up at this cartoon!'. so i started to forward it to nfunk75 and then stopped--my pre-coffee brain not being as quick as the fully-leaded version of itself. she is not on the other end of nfunk75 anymore. 

and in that moment i think i connected with her absence more than i have since her death. i wasnt able to make the funeral as the tickets from england were over a grand and although i have the dvd i still cannot bring myself to watch it. i kn
ow i need to just make myself a plate of brownies, grab a box of tissues and go for it during sams nap but i just dont have the courage yet (sorry mom).

anyway in my wonderful gramma's memory i enclose the item that she would have thought hilarious below. hopefully she will see it from heaven and have a laugh!

1 comment:

  1. you made me tear up...grammas are wonderful and losing them leaves an ache in the heart, forever kinda. the comic made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete